Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Introducing Auburn LA...

When I was contacted by Jacquelyn about this shoot, I have to admit... I was a little more than nervous.  I know, I know, I say that a lot.  But really- she told me she was launching her clothing line, and wanted pictures.  This is not something that I had done before, and I really had to psyche myself up to get ready.  Jacquelyn told me that she wanted something with a vintage/urban type of feel, and immediately I thought of my favorite brick wall location in Riverside...

Meeting up at 4 o'clock, I knew the lighting would be ideal... As soon as the designer got there with her model, she made me feel super awesome about the shoot.  She was stoked on the location, and with her calming nature, I took her cue and started to shoot!

The location I picked is not only awesome for the brick wall that is aged and beautiful, but there is also a parking garage with some really awesome chain link detail and a super rad alley access with patina brick walls, and wrought iron windows.  My goal was to not make the photos different, but with a thread of similarity through them... we used every bit of the location that I could think of.  The pictures are beautiful, and her line is amazing.  Check her out on etsy, Auburn LA.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a picture perfect day.

One of my favorite captures of the day... I wanted her to laugh out loud, so I pulled out the stops, and put on my comidienne hat.... and voila.  The perfect emotion for this image.


She said she had never modeled before, but I tell you- she's a natural.


Sassy!


just playing with angles... love the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment